Our tresses are currently hidden under hats and under attack by harsh winter winds and freezing temperatures. But it won’t be long til the weather warms up and we will have to have our luscious locks back on display. Luckily, the professionals at Urban Retreat at Harrods are on hand to tell us all about the newest treatments and the trends forecast for S/S 2012 to get prepared for beach season!
Josh Rees Hole, finalist on E4’s Great British Hairdresser now offers his expertise as Senior Stylist at Urban Retreat’s flagship location at Harrods creating gorgeous, on-trend looks for all clients. Here he reveals just how to get the top styles at home:
Low Shaggy Bun
‘The Bora Aksu runway this season showcased the low shaggy bun style, with a strong middle parting which is a favourite style of mine. It’s easy to achieve, and looks chic for running around the office during the day, or understatedly glamorous at an event by night. Less is more ladies!’
2. Add a small amount of the Prive Shining Weightless Amplifier (£11.60 – Specifically created for Uma Thurman’s hair!), and blowdry in for root lift using a flat brush.
3. Once dry, take a tail comb and comb hair into middle parting. Pull back into a large, low bun that peeks out at each side (use a hairpiece if necessary) securing with grips and finish with Unite Shina-Mist Spray (£17.40) to glaze hair for instant dazzling shine.
Natural Big and Bouncy
‘Glamorous volume is definitely here to stay with waves and curls hitting the runways from Lisa Vogel in Miami to Giles Deacon in London. Easy to create with rollers, tongs or even working with your natural wave. Unleash your hair, let it go free!’
2. To replenish moisture back into the hair before styling, spray the Shu Uemura Depsea Moisture Foundation (£20.45) and a little Rahua Voluminous Spray (£22.50) to the roots.
3. Blow-dry in, add rollers into each lock and leave to cool down completely. Then remove rollers and run hands though hair to break set up. Find desired parting with a comb and finish with the Unite Session Max Spray (£17.90) to lock in that look!
Fringes are definitely making a comeback this season, from short and playful to blunt and bold think confidence and statement. They frame the face and draw attention to the eyes and create that ‘wow’ factor.
2. Then add a small amount of Kerastase Elixir Ultime (£33.50) through the mid-lengths, ends of your locks and blow-dry straight.
3. Finish with the Rahua Finishing Treatment (£36.50) sealing hair from humidity and giving you that high gloss look.
The Urban Retreat at Harrods creative team is on hand to work with you to design a bespoke style for a glamorous party, a special event, or simply to cheer yourself up. A ‘beauty paradise’ of over 22,000ft, including 45 styling stations, Urban Retreat at Harrods combines the talent of leading hair stylists with the finest hair brands in the world and the most spectacular environment, to ensure every client has an unforgettable experience.
[picture credits: WENN]