The world of long-lasting lipsticks is a funny one. There are some great products, but they’re only available in awful colours. Or the ones that seem to suit you best just don’t do the job and end up all over your wine glass, other half’s face or, god forbid, bleeding down your chin. From the first time I tried Max Factor’s Lipfinity my make-up world was changed, but a lot has changed since then and science has developed forumulas more magic than the magicest of magic beans, so we embarked on a search for the best new long-lasting lippies on the market right now, and here are the results:
1. Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick by Estee Lauder. A collection of seven new limited-edition shades designed to intensify lips with saturated colour. Though thick to apply, these sweet-smelling sticks sculpt the lips with multi-faceted pigments. They hydrate with continuous moisturisation and last for hours. Remember to blot after you first apply though, otherwise you’ll be constantly smacking your smackers together to get the initial heavy feel off. £21 from www.esteelauder.co.uk
2. Avon Ultra Colour Bold – Let your lips do the talking with these brilliantly bold new lipsticks from Avon – their highest concentrated lipstick yet. Available in 10 on-trend vibrant shades, the lipstick is formulated with Avon’s new exclusive Pigment Loading Technology, giving you a highly pigmented bullet and a lipstick that explodes with bold, bright colour. It glides on in one application – unusual for a ‘long-laster’, and keeps lips moisturised thanks to ingredients including Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Shea Butter. This nourishing, rich lipstick also contains SPF15 to protect from sun damage. £7.50 from www.avonshop.co.uk
3. Artistry Signature Colour Lipsticks – Available in 16 great colours, this lipstick glides on elegantly, making lips look beautiful form the first application. Formulated with a translucent base to let the shade shine through they are n
4. Max Factor Lipfinity – Delivers long-lasting colour that feels soft and lightweight while still delivering on shine and intense colour. The highly pigmented base coat contains a combination of ingredients to ensure the colour sticks to your lips without drying or caking, while the flexible layer ensures the adhesive is soft enough to flex as you move your lips. With an innovative new applicator and two-step formula, this long-lasting range has recently been updated with six new shades. £6.95 from all good beauty counters www.maxfactor.co.uk/lipfinity.
5. Lipcote – Not a long-lasting lipstick as such, but a great lip coat that can make any of your favourite lippies long-lasting in just seconds. A British beauty product classic, comprising all vegetarian ingredients, Lipcote was first created in 1945 and still outsells all its rivals today! One application with the in-bottle brush may sting a bit, but will seal your colour all day, and it’s a product favoured by make-up artists including Jemma Kid and Luke Anthony, as well as A-list lips such as Rihanna and Daisy Lowe. Not bad for £3.99 a bottle! See Lipcote’s guide to long-lasting lipstick here www.lipcote.com.