Ah, the Mum. A frequently seen, but rarely appreciated, creature. One that spends its time caring for others much more than it should, and for itself too little. One that could do with a bit of a treat, a bit of a pick-me-up, or at least just a few hours to sit down and relax. And that’s what Mother’s Day is all about. It’s about forgetting our own needs and commitments and spending an extra few minutes telling the woman who brought us into this world just how much she actually means to us. But sometimes it’s true that actions speak louder than words and, also, she may just prefer a gift than an unending monologue about the depth of your appreciation. So take a look at our inspiration list, raid the penny (pound?) jar, and invest in a treat for Mum that she’ll really love.
Here’s Belle About Town’s Mother’s Day gift guide:
1) This Echo Design Diamond Dozen silk oblong scarf
is one of several sassy numbers by the New York outlet. Small at 14″x44″ but perfectly formed, this silk diamond packs a serious punch on any outfit, a great gift for Mother’s Day. Priced at £39.
2) Oteas is an innovative speciality tea company that is disrupting the world of tea with their unique and unusual variety of flavours. They promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle with their beverages that are all expertly blended with the highest quality ingredients, sourced from around the globe. We love the gift boxes and gift sets as a quirky alternative to the traditional British tea boxes we’re used to. The gift boxes come in sets of 12 and 24 and can include a selection of teas to fit your mum’s taste. Prices start at around £8.
3) Bubbles are always a winner when it comes to treats, so spoil mum rotten this Mother’s Day with a bottle of Valdobbiadene Prosecco Spumante Superiore DOCG
, sold exclusively by supermarket Aldi. Light and refreshing with pleasing bubbles, attractive autumn fruits and delicate floral touches makes this an easy drinking bottle of fizz. Priced at £7.49.
unique handwoven basket. Artisanne combines modern designs with traditional weaving techniques from Senegal, and the sisters behind the company work directly with the weavers who produce these beautifully crafted baskets, bins and mats. Prices vary from £2 for coasters to £50 for storage baskets and £93.50 for laundry bins.
5) Anymum who’s anymum seems to track their daily steps nowadays, and we love the iFit Vue Sangria as a choice for the style savvy mum who wants to keep track of their fitness goals. The Vue acts like a personal trainer on the wrist – offering advice on activity, diet, and sleep. It also gives real-time reminders by the way of gentle vibrations on the wrist to alert you when you’ve been idle for too long. The Vue provides a complete picture of users’ daily fitness at the touch of a finger, including steps, distance, calories burned, and sleep. Priced at £99 from NordicTrack.co.uk.
6) If you’re looking for a fragrance for mum, pop in to High Street chain Accessorize
and pick up a bottle of their LoveLily perfume. Beautifully packaged in vibrant spring colours, the fruity fragrance is a guaranteed hit for mums of all ages. Priced at £19.99.
7) A personalised Relaxing Bath Soak
by Grace Cole cosmetics is a nice twist on traditional smellies. The Nectarine Blossom & Grapefruit Boutique’s Bath Foam is a stunning and luxurious formulation that will leave mum’s skin delicately scented, refreshed and perfectly moisturised. Priced at £8 from Grace Cole.
8) See inside London’s most famous music hall with over 140 years of history, and enjoy some classic British refreshment with a Grand Tour and Afternoon Tea for Two at the Royal Albert Hall
. The first tea party took place at the venue more than 100 years ago, and mum can continue that tradition at the Hall’s curved Verdi restaurant, where she can look out over the Royal College of Music while indulging in a feast of sweet and savoury treats. The package includes a behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous venue as it prepares to host its next performance. Priced at £85.50 for two.
9) Give Mum something she’ll certainly love – the gift of sleep! The S+ ResMed Sleep Mentor system
is the world’s first non-contact, fully comprehensive sleep tracking system, which features patent-protected SleepSensor technology. It makes it possible to track, analyse and improve sleep at home without a wristband, electrodes or mattress strips. The S+ is available at the price of £129.95 from Amazon
10) Bring music to mum’s ears with this Mother’s Day Vintage Turntable
. With a retro design and built-in stereo speakers, it’s a surefire winner. Available in a variety of colours, music loving mums can even record songs from LP to PC so they can listen to all their favourite tracks on the go too. Priced at £59.99.
11) The Whole Milk gift pack from Black Cow vodka is a quirky idea for the adventurous mum this Mother’s Day. Pour Black Cow Vodka over ice, and accompany with Black Cow Vintage Cheddar, reuniting the curds and whey from the same milk. The pack includes a 50ml Black Cow Vodka mini bottle and an 80g Black Cow Vintage Cheddar Truckle. Priced at £12.00 and available from Black Cow
12) When it comes to beauty products, the new Eucerin Elasticity+ Filler range is is great as a Mother’s Day gift. Not only does it help to strengthen the skin’s structure by improving the elasticity of mature skin, it also plumps up the appearance of deep wrinkles. Suitable for sensitive skin, the new range from the dermatological skin science and innovation experts includes a day cream, a night cream and facial oil. Prices from £26.
And if none of these suggestions quite hit the spot for your mum, why not book her in for a luxurious pampering session at your local spa, buy her a box of divine Lily O’Brien chocolates, or just make her breakfast in bed. She’ll be sure to thank you for it!
Be the first to like.