Valentine’s Day may be a strike in cupids heart from the commercialism but rather than fight it, why not embrace the day and use it as an excuse to show that special person in your life (or the person you would like to be that special one), just how much they mean to you.
Whether your gift is a mere token of your affections or something more luxurious, here are a few ideas of how to make February 14th a little more special.
1. Slightly scandalous and very sexy, this Nicole lingerie from Myla combines luxurious lace with perfect fit. The Brazilian knickers £39; suspender £59; balcony bra £79.
2. The Guilty Pleasure package from £269 ex VAT at The Trafalgar Hotel in London includes champagne cocktails with strawberries and dipping chocolate on arrival, a Temple Spa Romance ritual kit, a rose petals at turndown on the first night and breakfast in bed. A gift that both of you can enjoy!
3. Create elegance and romance in your home with these 100% paraffin free soya wax candles. Bamford’s Love scented candles contain a high concentration of Tuberose, Frangipani & Neroli essential oils and have lead-free cotton wicks.£32 for stockists visit Bamford online.
4. Flowers should not be discarded as a wonderful present but show that you have put a little more thought into it than a traditional dozen red roses or your forecourt bunch of wilting carnations. This sweetly scented mix of spring hyacinths, cymbidium orchids, roses and freesias £70 with vase from Jane Packer Flowers.
5. Your beau will be well turned out with these Paul Smith Turquoise Layer Cufflinks, £145.00 from Go British
6. Get your beau looking dapper this winter with this 2 for 1 Traditional Cut Throat Shave and Express Facial at The Gentry Grooming Company, where his features will be given a professional close shave that will leave his skin looking and feeling irresistibly smooth, followed by an Express Facial that will inject some hydration into his skin, and leave it feeling revitalised. £27 from Wahanda.
7. This Flip HD video recorder is pocket sized and the perfect gift for a loved one, whether it’s used to capture an unforgettable holiday, send video messages to a loved one far away or simply everyday moments that you never want to forget. £109 from Amazon.
8. Combining a relaxed fit with fine rib trims and a neat crew neckline, this classic pure cashmere knit sweater (£149 from Pure Collection) is both stylish and comfortable and will have you wanting to snuggle up to the soft knit against his hard chest!
[picture credits: Makena G]