There have been some fabulously vivid hues on the catwalk this season and these colours can brighten our mood and put a spring in our step when we wear them. However these fashionable shades don’t have to remain in our wardrobes – they are also perfect accent colours for our homes.
Hot pink is a bold colour which will boost your energy levels while also being sensual. Using it all over in a room may be more Barbara Cartland than Belle About Town, however employing it as a highlight colour in an overall neutral room will give you a modern, fashion forward look. Here are our top picks to keep you in the pink:
Main Image: Tesco Direct Abbey Sofa £399; Lexington Coffee Table £150; Side table £99; Fuchsia spindle floor lamp £80; Velvet cushion £10; Throw £8; Tesco glass hurricane lamp £5; Dark wood frame £5; Tealights £4.50 for three, all Tesco Direct.
1. Get back to nature with this very practical, tree wooden coat stand (£59 from Dwell) that is also witty, charming and protected by a hard-wearing paint finish.
2. Add a touch of glamour with our sumptuous and elegant Louise velvet bedspread (from £190 fromLaura Ashley) in a stunning shade of cerise.
3. This quirky print of a pink London bus on canvas (£14.95 from Dwell) will add a splash of colour to the wall.
4. Brighten up your daily cuppa with this IBIS Electric water kettle by Bodum, £40 from Amazon.
5. Black chandeliers, dripping with silver glitter jewels on a hot pink on a soft feel textured curlicue covered background will add sophistication on an accent wall. Vymura Chandelier wallpaper (£17.99 from wallpaperdirect.co.uk).
6. Sit back and relax in this Love Chair in hot pink, £1135 from Baker and Stonehouse.
7. Felt Botanica Rug by Selina Rose (£551.48 from Ecocentric.co.uk ) is 100% wool felt using eco friendly dyes with intricate details of leaves, birds and butterfly cut out.
8. Get into the Royal Wedding spirit with this Hot Pink Crowning Glory Cushion by Karen Hilton Designs £39 from All Original Things.