[Main picture: scarf, £13 tan leather jacket, £179, belted culottes, £35, and camel sweater, £9, all from La Redoute; Featured jacket: Jacket 100% lamb nappa £390, and pullover £55 from Betty Barclay]
There is nothing quite as luxe as a buttery soft leather jacket that keeps the wind off and looks great. Whether you dress them up with a little black dress and nude stilettos or dress them down with jeans and riding boots, a beautiful leather coat is light, comfortable and adds a sumptuous edge to your outfit. With a cut to suit any figure, take the time to invest in a classic leather jacket this autumn. Here are our top AW11 picks:
1. The perfect piece for the new season, Red Valentino’s black leather jacket, £725 from Harrods, is finished with a feminine ruffle and net trim.
2. This cute collarless jacket in burnt caramel calf hair by Acne, £1,940 from Browns, is great on petite figures.
3. Constructed from the softest leather and glossy sheepskin, Karl Donoghue’s Toscana biker jacket, £1,545 from Selfridges, is a timeless addition to any outerwear collection.
4. This Jackson Leather Biker Jacket, £295 from French Connection, adds a pop of colour to a LBD. Pair this luxe leather with a loose white tee, skinny jeans, sneakers and a slouchy bag for downtown cool.
5. For a current twist go for this degrade soft leather deconstructed jacket, £149 from Zara.
6. Kate Middleton’s favourite label Reiss has this Liora sheepskin jacket, £695, in silvery grey. It has irresistibly silky shearling peeping out at the hem, cuffs and front, as well as in a full collar, for a look that’s total luxury.
7. This stylish leather western jacket, £150 from Warehouse, is perfect for a autumn day, embrace the biker look and wear with jeans and a girly top.
8. This long tan leather coat, £525 from Karen Millen, with pared-down deconstructed collar and lapel has classic styling and elongates the body – great to add extra height.