Finding that perfect gift for your special foodie friend can be a nightmare – it is not like you can just get your run-of-the-mill Brie from Tesco! So here’s some indulgent ideas ranging from a spectacular £200 hamper to a saucy love potion for £13.99!
1. This limited edition Annabels Hamper from the celebrated Berkeley Square club from the Mount St Deli. Hampers are available for delivery or collection from 1-22 December, with the Annabels hamper £200+delivery. For more information, or to order, call 020 7074 1777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The beautifully presented selection of boxes from The East India Company with a huge range of choices of chocs from traditional, champagne, truffles, nut selections, dark selections and neapolitans are perfect gifts, our favourite is the traditional English selection chocolate box. £25 – £85 each from The East India Company.
3. Love Potion Syrup from Petit Delight is a delicate rose petal, tangy ginger and an infinitesimal amount of aphrodisiac make up this most beautiful love potion syrup. A little drop in your champagne or cocktail… or how to set the mood for a romantic evening! Available in a beautifully designed heart-shaped bottle, this is also a very special gift, where words are truly unnecessary.
4. Nothing says Christmas like a Stilton and the best is Colston Bassett Stilton. The Fromagerie cheeseshops in Marylebone and Highbury.
5. English designer John Galliano has designed his own Rose Gingembre Macaroons by Ladurée £11 for six (also is 12 and 18).
6. Lemon Infused Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (£18.85 for 500ml from The Gift Of Oil) is perfect on fish and drizzled over salads.
7. Combining the intense aroma of white truffles and the delicate fragrance of porcini mushrooms, this versatile sauce is an excellent accompaniment to pasta, risotto, fish, meat and canapés. White Truffle & Porcini Sauce £8.50 for 80g from Sapori Truffles.
8. For those who love wine, get the Buyer’s Choice Wine selection (12 x 75cl Bottles and gift box, £123.88 from Majestic). Selected by Majestic buyer Matt Pym, this mixed dozen combines New Zealand and Australian wines, as well as a delicious grower’s Chablis and a superb claret from a parcel his colleague Nick Dagley sourced recently in Bordeaux.
by Alison Christie and Belinda Wanis