Have you always dreamt of having a wardrobe full of designer outfits that were perfect for every event? Most of us don’t have the budget to achieve this but also, realistically, we will only wear such an expensive dress once or twice and then it just hangs in the back of the closet.
What if, for every event, you could wear a different dress, experiment with your style, try a new designer or get the latest catwalk look?
A new website called Girl Meets Dress makes all this possible. It is an online rental service where women can borrow the hottest designer dresses and it could not be easier. All you have to do is peruse their collection and choose from over 100 designer brands and 300 designer dresses from Pucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Stella McCartney to Herve Leger and Chloe. You can even get the white Halston dress Sarah Jessica Parker wore in the latest Sex And The City movie or the Philip Lim red tiered dress Cameron Diaz recently wore to an awards ceremony.
You get to add up to three of your favourite dresses to your shopping bag to try on so that you can choose the best fitting and looking dress for your big event! Then pick whether to hire the dress for two or seven nights, schedule a delivery date, and your dress will appear at the doorstep of your choice – home or office.
You can pre-order your dress or bag well ahead of your big night if you wish and they’ll send it to you in advance to try on so you have complete peace of mind and your outfit sorted! Next-day and even same-day delivery (if you live in London) is also available for last-minute fashion emergency.
Once you have chosen which dress looks best, they will refund the difference and then you can enjoy wearing it and bask in the compliments and admiring glances you will get. After the big night, just pop your dress back into the pre-paid packaging and drop it into your local post office – they even take care of the dry cleaning.
There is no registration or monthly fees, although if you do plan on using them often, they do have a membership option that offers added benefits.
So what options do Girl Meets Dress have? Well we look at the best frocks for a those big events you Belle’s may have coming up:
The Black Tie Ball
Everyone wants to look like the bell of the ball so we have chosen five gowns available through Girl Meets Dress that will have you turning heads when you enter the ballroom!
1. Ruth Tarvydas is the glamorous, edgy and sexy Australian label that is well known for creating high quality pieces that are exciting and ahead of the curve. Her dresses have attracted many celebrity fans such as Jodie Kidd, Rachel Hunter, Girls Aloud and Rhianna to name a few. This Limelight gold beaded dress will allow you to feel like a make a sophisticated entrance feeling like a princess (£109 for 2 nights).
2. This Roberto Cavalli petrol green goddess gown will set you apart from the rest of the party crowd. Cavalli has his way once again with the feminine form enhancing it to the point of “goddess” status. It is even available to buy! (£1,200 and it is all yours!).
3.British based designer Omar Mansoor has already created a distinctive and confident signature for his label since graduating from the London College of Fashion. He designs timeless garments which fuse Western and Eastern culture made with breathtaking craftmanship. His latest collection includes high glamour dresses in subtle, shimmering shades in luxurious fabrics and include this blue twisted bust gown (£109 for 2 nights).
4. Brazilian Daniella Helayel started London based Issa when she couldn’t find a dress that she could feel sexy, confident and relaxed in. Issa’s style tends to be soft draping jersey’s that are as beautiful as they are wearable. This Issa coral red silk jersey halter gown with knot detail at base of neckline and soft draping down to the bottom hem seductively exposes your decolletage and back (£99 for 2 nights).
5. This gorgeous rose coloured woven bodice gown is another by British designer Omar Mansoor (£79 for 2 nights).
1. Melissa Odabash has attracted an A-list crowd including Kate Moss, Jennifer Lopez, Paris Hilton, Elle Macpherson, Victoria Beckham, Halle Berry and Cindy Crawford who all choose Odabash swimwear when holidaying.
She has now launched a ready to wear line which has had phenomenal success. The Dru dress has an empire line v-neck dress with kimono style sleeves and is made in french inspired delicate lace, covered in tonal shiny sequins and shell stones (£69 for 2 nights).
2.The Joseph Yasmine black paillette mini dress with draped detailing has a deep v-neckline at front and matching deep v at back of dress. It is sophisticated and sexy and can take you from dinner to a late night cocktail bar and maybe even back to his! (£89 for 2 nights).
3. Herve Leger is famous for his sexy bandage dresses that have graced the bodies of the A-list at premieres and parties. This fuchsia dress with navy trim will highlight your curves and ensure that he won’t be able to keep his eyes off you. (£129 for 2 nights).
4. Stella McCartney has soared to the top of the A-listers label list, not just because of her family connections but also because of her unique and individual style. This turquoise toned pleated rose print dress with swirl bottom hem will make a pretty impression on any man (£299 for 2 nights).
Out With the Girls
Whether you are hitting the shops, stopping for a long leisurely lunch to catch up on the latest gossip or having a giggle over some cocktails in a chic London bar, you want to feel relaxed, chic and on-trend with your best friends.
1. There is a sense of sophisticated sex appeal in this dress which can only mean one thing – the house of Yves Saint Laurent. Soft lines and subtle detailing is what makes this piece a silent show stopper. Keep it elegant with a pair of high heeled sandals and a patent leather clutch (£159 for 2 nights)
2. The Francis metallic detail dress is bright and colourful to have you standing out from the crowd. The shimmering metallic silver toned dress with magenta silk layering all over.(£136 for 2 nights)
3. This Emilio Pucci Tartaruga print strapless dress is made from silk and epitomises simple elegance (£49 for 2 nights).
4. Make a statement in this cream silk TIBI embroidered tunic dress (£89 for 2 nights)
5. This Temperley Shola is a cute abstract zebra print silk dress which can easily be dressed up or down for day or night (£169 for 2 nights).
Impressing At Work
1. I love Mui Mui and this pistachio belted dress with silver toned jewelled turnlock buttons (£229 for 2 nights) is perfectly understated for meetings and pitches.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg is known for figure flattering cuts and this red Bursutto dress will have you cutting the perfect figure in the boardroom (£89 for 2 nights).
3. This blush tone silk cap sleeved belted shift dress from Fendi will add a chic and refined note to that office drinks party. (£109 for 2 nights)
4. No one will mess with you in this royal blue LaDress Keira tunic. Keep hair and make-up simple except for some vampy red lips and add a black patent clutch for the sleekest after work cocktail look in town (£69 for 2 nights).
Girl Meets Dress – www.girlmeetsdress.com