[Main Picture: London Rock stripe maxi dress, £175 from French Connection]
Bright cheery shades of yellow immediately brighten our mood and have us walking on sunshine and after a few seasons out of the limelight, shades of yellow are back to lighten the day.
And no matter what your skin tone, there is a yellow to suit everyone. From bright banana and lemon hues to soft butters and pale powdery parfaits we have chosen some of the sunniest shades and shapes to cheer you up, even if it is still raining cats and dogs outside.
1. Go sleek for the new season with Valextra’s leather wallet and card holder in canary yellow. This set is a stylish way to keep your cards and coins safe on the go, £680 from Selfridges.
2. Buttery soft yellow leather bomber-style jacket, £265 from Massimo Dutti.
3. French Connection cotton gauze embellished shift dress is perfect for sixties sweethearts! Pair with candy colours for an on-trend look for SS12.
4. Bunch of bananas pendant, £6 from Accessorize.
5. In a fabulous yellow hue, Burberry London’s ribbed cotton and wool-blend coat is a bright and beautiful take on the classic trench design. Wear yours with tailored pants and pointed heels for a chic city look, knotting the belt off-center for a contemporary twist. £875 from Net-A-Porter.
6. Pleated maxi skirt in lemon, £44.99 from Mango.
7. River Island Daisy Tank Top, £25 from Asos.com, with 3D with applique flower detailing.
8. Reiss leather weave bracelet. in striking yellow leather is a chunky, tubular style. Featuring a gold t-bar fastening and faceted coin charm, it’s a stylish everyday piece, £25 from Reiss.
9. These beautiful satin t-bar shoes from Karen Millen in rich yellow will complement your looks this season, £125.
10. A beautifully designed suede tassel clutch, £125 from Karen Millen, can be worn casually or as part of an occasion wear look. Try it with suede sandals in red or purple for pops of colour.
11. Among the mythical flowers used in perfumery, the mimosa occupies a special place in perfumers’ hearts. Annick Goutal has combined imagination and emotion to offer a fragrance with sweet floral hues and a powdery strength, £75 from Harrods.
12. Add a citrus twist to a country classic with these yellow Hunter Original tall gloss Wellington boots, £85 from Asos.com.