Jean Smith is a cultural anthropologist who has devoted her life to de-coding the art of flirting.
After spending years interviewing a mixture of hot Swedish seducers, New York minute daters, Parisien charmers and self-deprecating Londoners, Jean has identified six no-fail, universal signs for flirting. Want to know how to use your feet for greatest flirting effect? What to do with the eyes? One blink means I like you, two, you’ve pulled! Or the best approaches to ensure instant success?
How to snag a date in…
- Act confident: Here, the weak get crushed
- Don’t waste your time on one person; someone better could be just around the corner
- If he doesn’t come over to you, than you go to him!
- Use your sexuality. Guys here like the illusion of sex (and sex)
- Don’t let your fear of rejection stop you. Here, it’s par for the flirting course.
- Don’t let him know that you like him. She who shows genuine interest, loses.
- Show off your intellect with high brow conversations and heated debates
- Look coy, mysterious, and aloof. No one likes it to come easy here.
- If you see someone you like, look just a little, lest he will think you are easy.
- Dress like Bridget Bardot, skirts, heels, but keep your skin covered.
- Use your witty banter and charm, no ‘serious topics’ for these cheeky chappies
- These men love cleavage. Give them what they want!
- Do approach these shy beasts, they like it! However, do it subtly, or you will get the ‘deer in the headlights’ look.
- Don’t waste time with ‘polite flirting’ if you don’t like him. Make your graceful exit with a smile, and move on.
- Give him more obvious signals of interest. They need all the help they can get.
- Look first from afar, using eye contact
- Choose someone you want, and walk up to him
- Make sure you choose wisely though, because you only get one chance. The guys here want to be your first and only pick.
- Drink lots, if you want to blend in.
- Do you want sex? Have sex! There’s no stigma here. He’ll probably make you breakfast too.
For more tips on dating across countries get Jean’s book The Flirt Interpreter: Flirting Signs from Around the World, and there will be no more guessing if the object of your desire likes you.
Funny, enlightening and jammed full of juicy confessions, Jean’s witty revelations combined with scientific research are available exclusively from Amazon for £5.98.
Belle About Town readers who buy ‘The Flirt Interpreter: Flirting Signs from Around the World’ will receive an extra special gift of a free ticket to Jean Smith’s next Flirting and Walking Tour in London, on November 18th worth £25. All you need to do is email email@example.com with the order number they receive upon payment for the book and they will receive confirmation of their free place on the tour.