Add a little spice into a weekend lunch or summer evening meal with these exotic lamb meatballs.
(8 large kebab balls or 16 little kebab balls)
250g lean lamb mince
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves, crushed
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp coriander
Pinch of cinnamon
150ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
2 spring onions, chopped
6 dried apricots, chopped
2 tsp dried mint
1. In a bowl, mix the oil with the cloves and the spices.
2. Add the lamb, celery and onion, mixing well.
3. Form into 8 balls and thread onto 2 skewers. (Alternatively, form into 16 balls and thread onto 4 skewers!)
4. Grill for 15 minutes, turning once.
5. Meanwhile, pour the stock over the couscous in a bowl and cover for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chickpeas, apricots, spring onion and mint.
7. Divide into two bowls and serve with the lamb kebabs.
[picture and recipe courtesy: http://www.nibbledish.com/people/HungryJenny]