[main image: Sweet 60’s Animal Pleated Skirt, £25, Blue Cardigan, £18 and Croc Trim Satchel, £25 all from A/Wear]
A work wardrobe says a lot about you and just because you are in the office doesn’t mean that you can’t be womanly yet mean business. Take a leaf out of the books of TV shows such as Mad Men and be fierce with your femininity in the boardroom. Here are our top picks of outfits that will last you well into the new AW season.
1. This stunning Rush printed wool silk dress, £149 from Jigsaw, is an eye catching and glamorous piece for your Autumn collection. The twist bow front adds an extra gorgeous detail to a truly beautiful dress that will take you from the desk to dinner in style.
2. This sophisticated Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Philosophy skirt, £220, is perfect for an urban safari in the city with this Equipment berry signature soft silk blouse, £239, and tan accessories. It’s a look that’s really fresh and fashion forward. Both from my-wardrobe.com.
3. Black Sweeney dress by Roland Mouret, £1,500 from Browns, will show you mean business in the boardroom but can be accessorised for the perfect after-work dress.
4. Team this flirty red dress, £34.90, with a cute leather funnel neck cropped jacket, £114.90, studded belt, £44.90, and fringed woven leather shopper, £54.90, for a very modern office look. All from Mango.
6. This black animal print 2 in 1 dress, £75, from Star by Julien Macdonald at Debenhams, features a satin blouse top with split sleeves and fitted cuffs, adding a sophisticated edge. The bodycon long skirt shows off your figure and contrasts the boldly printed bodice with classic black.
7. With its pleat and split front, Stella McCartney’s heavy wool skirt, £420 from Selfridges, will infuse a retro mood into your wardrobe.
8. This Reiss Katie Bodycon Knit Dress in indigo, £179 from John Lewis, will see you through the day with a crop sleeve cream jacket and then ditch the jacket for drinks with your beau in the evening.