It’s the time of the year where you can show your beau just how much he means to you and hopefully he knows you well enough to buy you a gift that you too will treasure this Valentine’s Day.
However just in case he is not the best at choosing a thoughtful gift or simply doesn’t have the time, we have put together a gift guide of the presents we would be happy to receive this February 14th – plus a few ideas for the man who has everything!
1. What could be better than a romantic holiday to an exotic paradise? Virgin holidays has seven nights in Barbados, including scheduled flights with Virgin Atlantic from London Gatwick direct to Barbados, accommodation at the 4V Turtle beach by Elegant Hotels on an all inclusive basis with transfers included starts from £1919. Prices are per person based on 2 adults travelling and sharing a standard room, price includes all applicable taxes and fuel surcharges which are subject to change. Prices are based on departures 14th Feb 2012. Start your holiday before you’ve even taken off in the v-room at Gatwick Airport for just £20 To book go to www.virginholidays.co.uk, call 0844 557 3859 or visit one of their 90 stores located in Debenhams and House of Fraser stores nationwide.
2. Set in 9K gold with a loop baguette on top, this pair of three-carat man-made pear gem earrings are both classic and elegant, and will add a bit of sparkle to any outfit. £236.60 from Carat.
3. A dozen long stem roses are so clichéd but how about 1,000 premium Ecuadorian roses dropped by helicopter outside a lovers front porch or garden, for the ultimate Valentine’s bouquet. Such a gorgeous gesture could almost count as a art instalment and in this cold weather they could look fabulous for some time. The Rose Drop costs £9,640 for delivery on Valentine’s Day (or 11th-15th February) from www.only-roses.com or 020 7373 959.
4. Create your own bespoke fragrance for the home with an Archipelago candle set. Spelling out a word of your choice, these beautifully scented candles look fabulous on display, as their aromas combine to permeate your home. The LOVE kit contains: L Candle : A blend of Lemon and Verbena, O Candle : A blend of Olive Blossom and White Fig, V Candle : A blend of Vanilla and Freesia, E Candle : A blend of Eucalyptus and Sweet Basil.
The glass is tastefully monogrammed as well and each burn for approximately 60 hours, £85 from Beautique by Urban Retreat.
5. The British Film Institute (BFI) Membership is the perfect gift for film lovers. It creates a unique chance to get closer to the world of film with priority booking, exclusive events, free screenings and a great package of discounts. Just £40 from BFI.
6. For the boy soldier in every bloke here is the ultimate adventure package. Paintballing is great, but when you bring tanks into the mix, it takes it to an entirely new world of fun! Imagine the thrill of actually taking part in a tank battle – not with live ammunition, but with paint! Prepare to get splattered. Take it in turns as part of a three-man crew to negotiate a tricky tank course set in a world war II bombing range. £109 from the Activity Superstore.
8. Why not give your beau the gift of a Spa Experience to remember and one you can both share! Menana Spa in London’s leafy Chiswick is the perfect environment to relax and unwind whilst enjoying a Hammam treatment designed for two! This age old Moroccan bathing ritual is deeply nourishing and intensely cleansing that not only boosts the immune system, but also rejuvenates, eliminates toxins and stimulates circulation. Those who undergo the treatment will feel a transformation to their skin and wellbeing after just one treatment. Starting with a black soap cleanse whilst in the Hammam, you will both enjoy a full body Moroccan-style exfoliation. Then the signature blend of melted Shea butter and fragranced body oil is drizzled over the skin for a full body massage. Leaving you both feeling refreshed and renewed a Hammam treatment for two at Menana Spa costs £140 per couple. For more information, and to download a brochure, visit www.menanaspa.com or call 0208 994 5754 to make an appointment.
[picture credits: Carlo Nicora; www.sxc.hu]