There is nothing like mum. She has given up so much for you, working to exhaustion to look after you when you were sick, helping with your homework, giving you a hug when you scraped your knee, setting boundaries, making you feel special but mostly being there for you and making you who you are today. While Mother;s Day in undoubtedly commercial, it gives you a chance to show your mum how special she is and just how much she means to you.
Whether you are choosing the perfect present for your own precious mum or dropping hints for gifts for yourself, here are our top picks for this Sunday:
1. This unique gold Bumblebee Necklace, Alex Monroe, £135 from Liberty, will look lovely on any age mum.
2. A Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea is perfect to spoil mum and spend some quality time together, £34.50 pp with a glass of Pommery champagne, at The Sanderson Hotel, 50 Berners Street London, W1T 3NG, 020 7300 1400.
3. For the Foodie mum you can’t go past Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking by Nathan Myhrvold, Chris Young, and Maxime Bilet. Borrowing techniques from the laboratory and pioneering chefs at world-renowned restaurants such as el Bulli, The Fat Duck, Alinea, and wd~50 it reveals science-inspired techniques for preparing food that ranges from the otherworldly to the sublime. £375.25 from Amazon.
4. Why not pamper your mum with this 2 for 1 Indulgent Pamper Package at Spa InterContinental at InterContinental London Park Lane, £130 from Wahanda. You can go with her or she can enjoy the indulgence with a friend or partner.
5. Ultra absorbent and ultra-soft, the Hydrocotton Hooded Robe, £65 from The White Company, will make bath time all the more luxurious.
6. Breakfast in bed will be brighter with this gorgeous Pip Studio Early Bird Mug, £8 from Oliver Bonas
7. For something different than the standard bunch of flowers this impressive pair of olive trees perfect for your garden, conservatory, patio, or balcony, will last a lot longer! £55 from John Lewis.
8. The Elemis Sparkling Beauty gift set, £35.77, is a limited edition skincare collection for face, neck and bust, containing all you need to indulge and pamper. It includes, Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules, Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, Pro-Collagen Lifting Treatment Neck and Bust, New Visible Brilliance, New Elemis Eau de Parfum all in a fuchsia pink cosmetic bag. With this collection, Elemis has pledged a donation of £10,000 to Breast Cancer Care.
[main picture credit: hompsonstudios]