Whether you want to thank the man who carried you on his shoulders and made you feel safe when it seemed there were monsters all around or help your children to let your partner know for all his faults, he’s an ace dad, this Sunday is the day to do it.
Father’s day gives children young and old the opportunity to let dad know they are the best daddy in the world.
Here are some ideas for some more and less conventional treats for a man called dad!
1. The Kindle Touch 3G is a top-of-the-line e-reader, with touch and free 3G wireless, £169 from Amazon.
2. The high-grade anodised aluminium cups in these stylish headphones house two 50mm drivers that deliver unparalleled audio quality. The soft foam-coated split headband and classic sliding loop adjustment system work together to offer supreme comfort while maintaining a fresh urban look. A soft-touch/anti-tangle cable with curled accent blends functionality and style to complete this unique package. Available in four colours, priced at £39.99 from Amazon.
3. Barbour’s Beaufort jacket in the brand’s signature waxed cotton is a classic style fit for purpose. With a modern tartan lining and multiple front pockets, this men’s jacket is both functional and fashionable, £199 from Harrods.
4. Created specifically for the active lifestyle, the Gc Classic Chronograph, £359 from Harrods, offers casual, yet elegant timepieces to meet the high demands of the modern man.
5. Just what dad always wanted: a box full of pants and socks. Luckily these ones are edible with stripy boxers, old-skool y-fronts and some rather fancy footwear iced vanilla biscuits, £38.50 from Biscuiteers.
6. The Original Grillslinger is an ideal gift for any occasion and is the ultimate BBQ tool belt and will hold all the essential tools easily at waist level, freeing up valuable space around the BBQ, £49 from Garden Essentials.
7. Dalmore whiskies are a favourite and this pack containing five 400ml samples allows dad to taste the key lines in their range and is a great way to start to explore their whiskies. The set contains a King Alexander, a 18 yo, 15yo, 12 yo and a Grande Reserva, £53.99 from Selfridges.
8. The Aspinal Weekender Travel Bag is a marriage between the finest quality materials and hand craftsmanship. This piece is hand-made in the traditional 18th Century way using the finest full grain Cognac English Bridle Leather and solid brass metal zips and fittings, £495 from Aspinal of London.
9. This men’s skincare travel kit by Kyoku contains Exfoliating Facial Scrub, Daily Facial Cleanser & Facial Moisturiser SPF15. The exfoliator uses volcanic ash, adzuki bean powder, rice bran and goat’s milk to deep clean pores, get rid of blackheads, free ingrown hairs and prevent blemishes. The cleanser is great for waking up tired skin every morning and the moisturiser works as an eye cream, anti-ageing serum and keeps your skin looking and feeling youthful and comfortable. £28 from Liberty.
[picture credit: JPott]