[Main picture LAVISH Extra large sofa £3495; Red Turned wood floor £300; TUAREG Bright red rug £415; Louis console table by John Reeves, £695 Set of 3 red flocked wall ducks, £45 all from Heals]
There couldn’t be a better time than January to brighten up your home and your mood. If you want to add a splash of colour to your home then red is the hot choice. If finances are tight post Christmas you don’t have to spend a lot to change the feel of your place. A couple of extra cushions and a new canvas for the wall can make all the difference. And with a nice new look you may want to stay home more saving money for more homewares!
1. Bespoke cover Majesty Chair £349 from Digitex.
2. Red Patchwork Cowhide Rug from Fat Cow (£1092 from Funky Rugs) is a luxury handpicked genuine patchwork cowhide rugs from one of the highest quality producers.
3. Ornate rubber Freezer photo frame (£3 from Habitat).
4. Hand Jobs defined by Thelermont Hupton (£75 each from Lifestyle Bazaar), a series of coat hooks and wall art based on familiar gestures from the welcoming to the rudest. Gestures available: thumbs up, ok, up yours, peace. Cast in composite materials with lacquer finish. Dimensions: actual size of a lady’s hand
5. Glossy Lauren red painted metal box (£55 from Idyll Home) has sleek retro feel. These boxes take decorative storage to the next level, they would look great on a coffee table too .A lockable latch and small label
6. Large Chandelier Wall Sticker in red (£25 from Abode Wall Art)
7. Inspired by his beloved French bulldog, Ella, this red cushion from BDL by Ben de Lisi is full of character and charm, now £16 from Debenhams.
8. Inspired by George Carwardine, the Giant 1227 (£2,200 from Lifestyle Bazaar) was originally commissioned for the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre to be a part of an oversized set to his writing den. It’s three times the size of the Original 1227 from 1934.