[main and above swimsuit by Zeki at Harrods]
Although the weather in the UK hasn’t exactly been up to par so far this summer it doesn’t mean that we won’t get a little sunshine in our lives. A sunny holiday is just what the doctor ordered to cheer us up and get that much needed vitamin D.
While packing your holiday wardrobe, hitting the beach or the pool will be high on your mind and unless you have a completely private beach or pool, you will want to look your best.
Bikini’s are great if you have a perfect beach-ready body but if not you’ll be thankful that one-piece swimsuits are back in fashion. From actresses such as Anne Hathaway, Diane Kruger, Penelope Cruz and Sophia Vegara to models Camilla Alves, Doutzen Kroes and Miranda Kerr, the one piece has taken over as the sophisticated yet sexy choice at the beach.
Here are our top picks for your summer holiday:
1.This Lascana swimsuit with control panels is extremely flattering bringing you in at the waist while providing your chest with support and ample coverage. Available in raspberry, navy, chocolate or black, £65 from Freemans.
3. Get ready for the tropics in this floral bandeau swimming costume featuring a ruffled trim at the top and a ’50s-style straight cut along the bottom, £40 from Urban Outfitters.
4. Master the retro mood of the moment with Norma Kamali‘s ruched halterneck swimsuit. A plunging neckline and vivid emerald hue ensure this one-piece is anything but ordinary. Add oversized sunglasses and a floral dress for pin up-inspired perfection, £295 from Net-A-Porter.
5. Jets take inspiration from the fifties to create the Collective swimsuit. Crafted in soft modal, this classic halterneck includes moulded cups and ruche detailing to the front. £133 from Selfridges.
6. The Caruso swimsuit is very fashion conscious and sexy but retains practical elements that make it work on the real woman. Its one-shoulder detail with ties allow the wearer to undo it while sunbathing to avoid strange tan lines and the detachable belt defines and emphasises the waist. £145 from Violet Lake.
7. Miraclesuit top trends melody red hidden underwired swimsuit, will make sure stomachs and muffin tops are held in for a perfect silhouette, £145 from Amazon.
8. With a high neck and low cut back, YSL’s cut-out swimsuit is a must-have addition to your suitcase. A holiday essential, this flattering design is perfect for showcasing your figure.£420 from Harrods.
9. Striking statement prints are a mainstay of Mara Hoffman‘s collections, and this kaleidoscopic animal-patterned swimsuit is one of our favorites. With underwired cups and a cool cutout back, this fabulous piece will add punch to any vacation portfolio – simply add a high-waisted skirt to take yours from surf to sundowners, ,£240, from Net-A-Porter.
10. This crocheted one-piece features a tie at the front keyhole and removable padding at the cups. Side cutouts and sheer bodice panels. Halter straps tie behind neck. Lined. ONE by Lisa Maree Down the Garden Path One Piece £109.22 from ShopBop.com.