[Dresses above from a selection at Coast]
Wedding season is well and truly underway and even though the weather hasn’t played ball yet, it is still a chance to wear the latest spring fashion and dress up. Now while no one wants to upstage the bride (or if you do, think about Karma and don’t do it) but that doesn’t mean that you can’t turn heads for all the right reasons.
With lady like 50s fashion and florals big hits from the catwalk, there is no shortage of classic interpretations on the high street.
Here are our picks of the best outfits for your best friend’s big day.
1. Havana linen-cotton halter dress, £85 from Banana Republic.
2. Nadri pear-shaped drops distinguish stunning handcrafted earrings patterned in a rich pavé of sparkling stones, £53.24 from Nordstroms.
3. Chanel vintage-inspired glamour in Halston Heritage’s timeless silk-georgette gown, £675 from Net-A-Porter.
4. Set with exceptionally cut alternating emeralds in 0.5ct and ovals in 0.25ct, this elegant necklace gives you room for something a bit different from the classics, £905 from Carat.
5. Turn heads for all the right reasons in this stunning Letitia dress from Hobbs Invitation range, £269.
7. This mini sequins jacket, £155, French Connection, to is a show-stopping statement piece that will finish off any outfit from a floaty dress to a trouser suit.
8. This classic wide legged trouser Britt trouser, £85, and Britt top, £75 in ivory from Coast is a glamorous choice for a wedding guest. Add a splash of colour with a vibrant jacket or swap tops for a bright top and add an ivory jacket.
9. The Chloe Marcie pouch with strap, £280 from Selfridges, adds a hint of easy–glamour to your daytime look with Chloe’s leather Marcie pouch.
10. Apricot bar point court shoes, £24.50 from Dorothy Perkins.
11. Get a taste for this season’s sparkle with Anya Hindmarch’s glitter–embellished Pear clutch, £895 from Selfridges. With a vintage–inspired frame and kiss–lock clasp, this bag is a glamorous way to give contemporary looks an old–Hollywood charm.
12. Rupert Sanderson’s elegant peep toe shoe has a cream mesh construction, offset by black scalloped suede detailing; a classic choice for evening, £545 from Harrods.