While the days are getting longer and sunnier, with April showers, it is best to be prepared for a light breeze and a sprinkle of rain. The classic trench coat never goes out of fashion and this year there is a mac for every taste and price range from full-skirted 50s style and bright colours to your traditional camel macintosh.
Here are Belle’s top picks to stylishly keep the rain at bay:
Main image: Modern yet timeless! The trench coat from Betty Barclay (£195) is a classic and it’s en vogue this season too. The belt tied at the waist gives a fashionable touch.
1. Mixing two trends, denim and the mac, this trench coat £39.99 and blue capri pant £17.99 both from New Look, will give you a Roman Holiday look.
2. The Kimber piping detail belted mac in dark khaki, £265, from Reiss has a slight military edge.
3. We love this 50s inspired red South DB Mac with Full Skirt, just £45 from Very.co.uk.
4. Invest in a timeless classic with this mac £65 from Warehouse. The subtle pleats add shape and are definitely on trend for this season.
5. The Samantha red mac, £70 from Monsoon, is a bold bright Mac for all occasions.
6. A wardrobe staple, MaxMara’s take on the classic trench (£459 from Harrods) exudes effortless style. Boasting a water-repellent finish and removable belt, this is a practical trench, ideal for trans-seasonal wear.
7. Bring a flash of colour to those gloomy, rainy days with Hobbs’ Orchid Rainmac, £110 from John Lewis. The classic design and vibrant tone will last you for seasons to come.
8. The Lana raincoat is a classic Aquascutum trenchcoat and is a seasonally sought after piece. It is now on special for £270 from Go-British.co.uk