[Feature picture: La Redoute camel leather jacket, £199. Above: Dress £150 from Kaliko]
Leather had a strong presence on the A/W catwalks in New York, London, Milan and Paris with everyone form Mulberry, Jasper Conran, David Koma, and Versace to Jean Paul Gaultier, Prada, Miu Miu, J Mendel and Gucci featuring it.
Whether it is a lady-like skirt or shift dress to the more rock ‘n’ roll trousers or biker jacket you can find both designer and high-street offering that will suit any shape or mood.
Here are our top picks of leather this season.
1. Jaeger leather sleeve shift dress, now £199.
2. Michael Kors leather pencil skirt, £390 from Harvey Nichols.
3. Waterfall leather jacket in natural, £140 from Oasis.
4. Leather slim-fit trousers, £99 from Mango.
5. Amis leather and fabric fitted dress in black, £350 from Reiss.
6. Leather sash belt in chocolate, £34.99 from Mango.
7. Sara Berman Doily leather shorts, £144 from TheOutnet.com.
8. ELLOS Fit ‘n’ Flare Leather Dress, £159 from La Redoute.
9. WORLD OF TRAPS laser cut leather top, £355 from Sass & Bide.
10. ASOS Midi Skirt in Leather with Pockets, now £84.