[Main image above: This thigh-length cognac lambskin leather coat is an investment as its classical lines means it will never go out of fashion, £1,299 from Elegance; Featured image: Great Plains wool-blend faux-fur trim coat, £140, is a glamorous cover up. Wear with a LBD and sparkly accessories for a festive party.]
We may have waved goodbye to floaty dresses and cute little jump suits but the impending cold weather means that we can embrace fabulously fashionable faux fur and wool coats that not only look glamourous but keep us toasty and warm.
With so many shapes, colours and styles, there is the perfect faux fur coat out there for everyone. Tall girls can enjoy the wide range of designs from swing coats to Monsters Inc inspired knee-length shaggy styles. Hour-glass shaped Belles should look out for the classic pea-coat cut or belts which bring the jacket in at the waist. Petite girls can go for shorter styles that won’t swamp their tiny frames.
With pretty much every designer and high street store doing a version of this trend, we choose the top eight styles for fashion-conscious Belle’s.
1. This Per Una Designer Speziale Faux Fur and wool cape coat £229, will have you standing out from the sea of natural fur while keeping you warm this winter. It looks great paired with this retro-inspired Per Una dress, £160 from M&S
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs gives this season’s essential faux fur a playful mood with the Rickie racoon coat, £675 from Selfridges. This irreverent design blends fashion and functionality with its collarless silhouette, long sleeves and two side pockets.
3. Add a splash of colour with this rich, bright purple Star by Julien MacDonald faux fur coat, £99. Team it with some well cut trousers, £45, and a satin blouse, £35, for a contemporary daytime look, all from Debenhams.
4. This sophisticated black ponyskin drape coat, £1,200 by Bastyan, is a statement piece that you will enjoy for years to come. It is the perfect cozy cover-up for a night out, worn here over a black chain embellished dress, £125 by Label Lab, both from House of Fraser.
5. TopShop always has their finger on the pulse of trends and doesn’t disappoint with this zip front faux fur coat, £110. If you’re top heavy, pear-shaped or have an hour-glass silhouette, pair it with a tan belt to give your body shape.
6. It’s all about old-fashioned glamour in this shimmering faux fur jacket with 3/4-length sleeves, £70 from Warehouse. Perfect for those with an elfin frame, it will go with everything while keeping you extra warm.
7. Michael by Michael Kors’ tweed coat with a Mongolian fur collar, £500 from Selfridges, combines the two strong coat trends this winter of tweed and fur in style. Keep it sleek with a white shirt and tailored trousers.
8. This luxury coat in soft, lambskin from Uta Raasch at Peter Hahn, £1,454, is a winter classic that looks just as good with daytime casual as it does for night-time glam. It will keep you pleasantly snug even even in the coldest of weather.
[main pictures: PRShots]