While chocs and socks have their place, most men are after a bit more when it comes to Christmas gifts. Belle About Town has rounded up our selection of festive treats for the man in your life, from stocking fillers to designer watches without the designer price tag. Give a gift he will love this Christmas, and many of our picks tick the ethical box too, a quality that’s becoming increasingly important in today’s society. Here’s Belle About Town’s suggestions for Christmas gifts for men.
1. Biscuiteers Christmas tin: Treat him to the tastiest Christmas holiday this year with this delightful Christmas holiday biscuit tin. It’s filled with 9 beautiful all spice Biscuiteers biscuits – best served with a mug of hot cocoa whilst snuggling up indoors after a fun festive day! The hand-illustrated gift tin is the perfect Christmas keepsake once the biscuits have been eaten. £32.50 from Biscuiteers.
2. Reusable Coffee Cup: Each year, 100 billion single use coffee cups end up as landfill. That’s why the Ecoffee Cup was created – an environmentally responsible, reusable cup. Made with naturally organic bamboo fibre, featuring a silicone band for holding, these cups also consist of a detachable piece from the lid. An ideal stocking filler for the coffee-loving lad about town. £9.80 here.
3. Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute Ultimate Gift Set: Christmas gifts for men can be hard to find, but we love this luxury box from Molton Brown. Tobacco absolute, spicy-citrus elemi and rich cedarwood products are all included in this premium gift set. Mature his senses with a discerning exploration of masculine, seasoned depth. £65 from the Molton Brown website.
4. TINCUP whisky lantern gift box: TINCUP® American Whiskey is a bourbon style whiskey with a bold and spicy finish, and currently available in a limited edition lantern pack for Christmas. Made from a unique blend of Midwestern rye, corn and malt, TINCUP has an unusually high rye content at 32% that provides a bolder, spicier flavour profile compared to ordinary bourbons. Aged in new, charred American white oak barrels, it is bottled in Colorado at 84 proof using pure Rocky Mountain water. The TINCUP limited edition lantern pack is available from the Whiskey Exchange, priced at £34.75 (70cl, 42% ABV).
5. Lord Watch: For a designer look at an affordable price, Lord Timepieces offer unique watches for the style conscious man in your life, without breaking the bank. The watches are elegant in design and stylish and on trend. We recommend the Bolt Gun Gold Men’s – £90.00 from the Lord website.
6. Zendrun pocket squares: Accessories label, ZENDRUN has launched its first range of artist-designed silk scarves and pocket squares, and we particularly like the Tokyo 5 design as a Christmas gift with its vibrant red and black pattern. The bold colours and graphics follow the brand’s philosophy that cutting-edge design and function are inseparable for those who want to dress to be seen. Each item carries the ZENDRUN logo which translated from Japanese means ‘the colour man’. Prices range from £40 to £65 at Zendrun.co.uk.
8. Harry Specters: For the man who loves his chocolate, Harry Specters are hard to beat. The Allure gift box is a perfect choice at Christmas, and this year you can even purchase them with added Christmas chocolates. The company is unique in that besides making delicious chocolates, they offer paid employment to young people with Autism, and they also offer free work experience for students from local special education needs schools, and provide free training for young people with autism. The standard box contains 16 different flavours including Sea Salt Caramel, Pistachio and Rose and Cardamom. £19.50 a box, or £20.00 with added Christmas chocolates from Harry’s Chocs.
9. Olverum Oil: Winter blues are common, although men are less likely to admit to suffering them than women. But thankfully there’s natural, scientifically proven trick to help alleviate this. Science shows that the essential oils of lavender, rosemary and lemon are excellent for alleviating depression. Which is great news, because these are three of the ten essential oils that just happen to be packed into the Olverum Bath Oil blend! A 125ml bottle costs £29 and a gift wrapping option s available at Olverum.com.
10. Upcycled lamp by John Osborn: As well as concieving uniquely stylish architectural projects, John Osborn has a passion for conceptual furniture design. Old bike tyres have been used to create a stunning range of bespoke lamps, perfect for giving any room that wow factor. Prices from £95 from John Osborn Design.