[main image] Flower Crown, £6, Capri Rope Necklace, £12, Vintage Chintz Rose Maxi Dress, £50, Carved Rose Stretch Bracelet, £12, Amalfi Printed Clutch, £25, Carved Rose Vine Flower Ring, £8, Perspex Graphic Butterfly Ring, £8, Mexican Rose Plait, £8 all from Accessorize.
This summer’s festival season kicks off tomorrow with the Great Escape festival in Brighton and with the fabulous sunny weather we’ve been having so far, we can expect to see long lean bronzed legs and arms on display in the fields as well as on stage.
Aside from the ubiquitous denim skirts and shorts don’t let the weather fool you – it is best to plan for all sorts of weather from heatwaves to chilly downpours so here are our top picks for festival fashions.
1. Channel country–chic with these fashion forward rain boots from Havaianas available exclusively from Selfridges for £45. Famous for its quality flip flops, the Brazilian brand lend the classic wellie its upbeat style, making them a summertime essential.
2. French Connection cotton playsuit, £77, is a vibrant print, perfect for turning heads in the sunshine. Wear with stacked sandals and a wicker basket-bag for totally on-trend summer style.
3. Renowned for creating contemporary pieces infused with the classic American denim aesthetic, True Religion is a go-to brand for denim and casual wear alike. Perfect for trans-seasonal layering, this stretch denim jacket features silver-tone hardware and a faded finish. Emily Denim Jacket, £199 from Harrods.
4. This small leather messenger bag is perfect to keep all your must-have while keeping your hands free for dancing, £39.99 from H&M.
5. This floral number is beautifully designed with a waist tie and layered ruffles, perfect for adding a feminine touch at a festival, £65 from Warehouse.
6. Pick up a panama and go! Anthony Peto’s Natural ‘Rocky’ Straw Panama, £110 from Browns, is an ideal accessory with a printed maxi dress, denim jacket and leather wedges.
7. Don’t forget a pair of glamorous sunglasses to protect your eyes while you look cool, £59.95 from Karen Millen.
8. These cute ball detailed flat leather sandal, £40 from Dune, are great if the sun is shining and the ground is dry!