Florals are everywhere this spring, from patterns on dresses, tops, skirts and jackets to flowers on shoes, headbands and bags. Florals can be girly, romantic and whimsical and the best thing about them is there is a floral pattern for everyone. From 50s style tea roses and bold botanical prints to tiny violas and elegant irises there is a flower to suit your mood and personality and the modern prints ensure that you don’t look dated or dowdy.
During the height of summer we can look forward to sashaying about in floaty floral dresses but while the weather is still chilly, a pair of tights, some leg lengthening platform court shoes and a cute cardie means that we don’t have to save the trend until has hotted up.
Here are a posy of prints to get you thinking that spring has finally sprung!
[main shot] woven bead trim stetson £15; cropped floral gypsy top £25; plait belted denim hotpants £28; multi row charm bracelet £10 and casual wedge £42 all from Jane Norman
1. Kew floral shift dress, £65 from Oasis
2. Seychelles ‘matter of fact’ rose front wedge sandals, £90.00 from Asos.com
3. Watercolour floral print dress with belt, £275 from Max Mara Studio at House of Fraser
4. Hannah rose print silk maxi dress, £180 from Monsoon
5. Cotton floral-print shorts by Stella McCartney, £345 from Browns
6. Eucalyptus Floral ’50s Dress, £40 from Asos.com
7. Pale Green Floral Print Cap Sleeve Dress by Etro, £650 from Liberty
8. Dark oatmeal woven raffia ‘Baguette’ shoulder bag with hand-embroidered floral motif in pastel coloured straw by Fendi, £745 from Browns