If you are lucky, it is celebrity suffers such as Kylie Minogue, Sheryl Crow and Christina Applegate that made you think about breast cancer. If you are unlucky, you, or someone close you, has had the disease.
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK – more than 48,000 women and around 350 men are diagnosed every year. It accounts for nearly one in three of all female cancers and one in eight women in the UK will develop breast cancer at some point in their lifetime. Around 1,000 women die of breast cancer every month in the UK but the good news is that more women than ever in the UK are surviving breast cancer thanks to better awareness, better treatments and better screening.
And there is something we can all do to help raise awareness and fund research into treatment. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as part of the campaign, you can buy some gorgeous ‘pink’ items and help out at the same time. Belle’s don’t need any more of an excuse!
1. Stella & Dot Mercer Wallet, £65.
2. Coast Siara dress £135.
3. Propercorn Worcester sauce popcorn, 95p.
4. Stella & Dot Luna wrap bracelet in rose gold £95.
5. Coast Davis Dress, £175.
6. Stella & Dot Bryant Park Scarf £45.
7. Warehouse embellished top £35.
8. Marks & Spencer Limited Collection black and pink bra £17.50 and knickers £7.50.
9. Bottlepink pomegranate and elderflower cordial £3.15.
10. GHD pink cherry blossom limited edition styler £129.
11. Marks & Spencer hot pink jeggings £22.50.
12. Laura Ashley Toile bed linen, from £18.
13. Debenhams heart mug £7.50.
14. Laura Ashley Mia cerise quilt £120.
All products can be bought at the Breakthrough Breast Cancer Awareness Month Shop or in store.
[picture credits: Patricia Schlein/ WENN.com; WENN; Nikki Nelson / WENN]