Your parents may drive you crazy but you love them to pieces. They brought you up, dried your tears when you scraped your knee and when that boy in year seven dumped you for no reason at all. They gave up so much for you and you are the apple of their eyes so show them how much they mean to you this Christmas. And it is not just your own parents, don’t forget his folks too, after all, they made him the man he is today!
Here are some ideas for what to get the parents this Christmas:
1. The Bigger Cheese Hamper contains three irresistible accompaniments and four mini knives matched with a benchmark pigalle café red is a gratifying gift for the cheese connoisseur. Packaged in a graphite gift box lined in black shred together with a quotation postcard and your message handwritten on a mini whisk tag, £50 from bouf.com.
2. The sweeping lines of this stunning wine carafe by Sagaform of Sweden, £23 from Cloudberry, are perfectly complemented by the spherical oak stopper. Great for the wine aficionado as decanting helps to aerate the wine thereby helping to release the true flavour.
3. Why not invest in an original piece of art for your parents from CultureLabel.com. This piece, called Poppyheads 7 is by James Fullarton at The Roger Billcliffe Gallery is £1,650 but you can choose the right piece to suit their personality.
4. Nothing says luxury like pure Scottish cashmere. Keep mum cosy on winter nights with this cable knit hot water bottle and sock set from Johnstons in brown,£139, from Harrods.
5. Beautifully soft and soothing, this Peony candle, £50 from The White Company, is the prettiest combination of fresh peonies, white roses and honeysuckle blended with exotic sandalwood and musk. This fantastic 3-wick statement candle also burns for a massive 85 hours!
6. They say that the way to the heart is through the stomach and you can get in your parents, or the in-laws good books with these scrumpyous cupcakes from Brown Sugar Cupcakes. 12 regular cupcakes in a mix of vanilla, chocolate, lemon and Baileys cost just £25, and if you can’t decide, make a gift card and let them choose.
7. These his and hers robes feel thicker and softer than normal cotton towelling, yet are also beautifully lightweight, incredibly absorbent and fast drying too. Even after repeated washing, they will be as absorbent, soft and supple as the day you first fell in love with it. They are £75 each from The White Company and you can have it boxed beautifully and send them with a personal message from an extra £3.
8. This Harrods Saffiano Leather Card Holder, £39.95, is an eye-catching men’s accessory and will store all his cards in style. It is presented in a Harrods logo box.