Everyone has a friend whose house is perfect, looks immaculate, cooks like Delia and all without getting a hair out of place. It can seem hard to find the perfect gift for these domestic goddesses but there are some lovely homewares out there so whether they prefer sophisticated contemporary, vintage or French farmhouse, there is plenty to choose from.
Here are our top picks of home gifts for the perfect hostess:
1. Ben de Lisi communicates his vision of modern sophistication with this stylish black telephone base table lamp, with a sturdy stand in the shape of a rotary telephone, £40 from Debenhams.
2. This Iris & Amaryllis French and Floral apron, £31.20, is delightfully retro and look lovely on!
3. If you know a coffee connoisseur then this Delonghi ECO310.B Icona Pump Espresso Maker, £134.99 from House Of Fraser, will help then create the perfect cup of coffee in their own home. In a stylish high gloss azure blue it uses both ground coffee or coffee pods.
4. This range of glass and recycled teak look as good on the table as they do in the kitchen. Our favourite is the Antipasti platter (£60). Provenance Kitchenware ranges from £10 – £90 from John Lewis.
5. For the ‘hostess with the mostess’ this Culinary Concept’s champagne bath is perfect for parties and family gatherings when one bottle is simply not enough, £198.45 from Selfridges.
6. It is time to hone your baking skills and produce scrumptious bread, cakes and biscuits for the whole family. The ultimate food mixer, the Artisan Food Mixer from Kitchenaid, from £419 at Heals, was designed over 75 years ago and it is still one of the bestselling mixers available. The unique blending action ensures faster and more thorough blending within the robust all-metal construction.
7. With the success of The Great British Bake-Off this year, it is not just about cupcakes any more. This definitive collection from the undisputed queen of cakes , £14.99 from Amazon, brings together all of Mary Berry’s most mouth-watering baking recipes in a beautifully packaged edition to make sure your favourite domestic goddess is still queen in her kitchen.
8. These Danish Hay Dot Divina Melange bright pink and lime cushions are characterised by a contrasting colour button on each side, and bring a contemporary feel to any room. £85 from Heals.
[picture credit: Dunnes at PRShots]