[main picture: Basler Garden Florals]
As the rain starts to dissipate and the sun streams through we can finally indulge our floral fantasies, just as mother nature is. One of the biggest trends of SS12 on the catwalks was florals – they were seen on every runway from Betsey Johnson and Rodarte to Erdem, Clements Ribeiro and new celebrity darling Prabal Gurung.
Flower power continues to be popular as the designers reinvent the prints each year. Here is a little look at the fabulous florals available in the stores at the moment to make sure that you blossom at every opportunity.
1. Paint splash floral jumpsuit, £175 from Karen Millen.
2. Plastic trapped flower ring, £4 from Accessorize.
3. Tory Burch’s silk-jersey Nicola dress, £340 from Selfridges.
4. Floral print shirt, £29.99 and printed shorts, £29.99 from Zara.
5. This floaty Mia cape top, £65 from Oasis, has sweet floral and sequin embellished detail to the body.
6. Etro’s floral printed silk dress, £699 from Harrods, will be sure to turn heads on sunny days.
7. Paul & Joe’s golden-yellow silk ’Galicie’ top, £290 from Net-A-Porter, will bring springtime looks into full bloom.
8. Floral print tall hem skirt, £34.99 from Mango.
9. Max C London Floral Purse, £16 from Asos.
10. These cute Austin2 pumps by Nine West, £95 from Kurt Geiger, ensure you are putting your best foot forward.
11. The Gucci Flora Garden is a collection of refined fragrances, each inspired by a flower of the Flora pattern: the Gardenia, the Magnolia, and the Tuberose from £49 from Boots.com.