[Above: New Look Angora beret £7.99. Chunky belted reindeer cardigan £44.99. Jeans £19.99. Triple buckle high leg boots £39.99.]
With the temperatures plummeting and the nights getting longer, it is time to relax in comfy style at the weekend. When the weather first turns cold, there is the temptation to hibernate with comfort foods such as shepherd’s pie or a warming stew followed by a warm chocolate pud while watching Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor. There is nothing wrong with that but that doesn’t mean you can’t look good.
While I was sorely tempted to get a slanket (blanket with sleeves for those who are wondering) or the new adult-sized babygrows as my new lounging outfiit, I fear that I would be too embarrassed to open the door, let alone let a beau into my abode!
So when you put away the sharp suits, military coats and heeled boots that constitute your work attire and mooch around the house or head out for a weekend walk in the crisp day air. wrap up in cosy wool that will keep you toasty warm and looking great.
1. Biba airy knitted cardigan coat £85 from House of Fraser
2. Fenn Wright Manson cashmere blend belted long cardigan £109 from House of Fraser
3. Vintage graphic Fairisle jumper £85 from French Connection
4. Grey cable-stitch jumper £40 Wallis
5. Chunky military cardigan £135 from Karen Millen
6. Cashmere tie belt cape £198 from Jigsaw
7. Chunky alpaca wool cardigan coat £139 from Jigsaw
8. Warehouse drape cowl cardi £45 from Warehouse
9. Burberry Brit nnit cardigan with faux shearling collar £350.00 from Browns
10. Cardigan coat £85 from Kew
11. Knit with sheering dress £120 from Karen Millen
12. Olsen chunky ribbed cardigan with buckle £99 from House of Fraser
[main picture credit: PRShots]