[Red Tux Jacket, £75, Leather Trousers, £45, Snakeskin Blouse, £45, all from Warehouse]
The days may be getting darker and the skies greyer but that doesn’t mean our wardrobe has to. It can be depressing to wave goodbye to summer but by adding some colour to our outfit we can brighten up our day and those around us.
Whether it is a subtle nod to the trend with a scarf or belt of going the whole hog with a hot-hued dress, there is something for everyone. Here are our top picks of brights to lighten your mood.
1. In this seasons must have pleats, this mesh skirt sits just above the knee. Simply slipping on over the waist, the fitted waistband leads to a fuller skirt, £35 from Oasis.
2. This classic shape pea coat, £299 from Jaeger, created in a rich wool blend, will remain effortlessly stylish season after season.
3. The Katie body con knit dress, £179 from Reiss, fastens with a zip through the back and has a belt detail with gold horse bit on the front. Go all out this Winter and wear with knee high boots for a chic day ensemble with an equestrian spin.
4. Channel this season’s colour–blocking trend with this bright orange Weekend by MaxMara’s soft cashmere Kirin jumper. Team it with everything from jeans to corduroy trousers, £200 from Selfridges.
5. This stunning evening maxi dress, £180 from Monsoon, has exaggerated kimono sleeve and flattering V neck, it will make sure you stand out from the crowd.
6. ASOS bright purple Skinny Jeans, £32, add a pop of colour to a casual outfit.
7. We’ve seen it on the catwalk now get it into your wardrobe. This tangerine coloured stretch mohair knit body-con dress by Mark Fast will look stunning at a work do or cocktail party and you would certainly be the talking point of any Christmas party! £1,750 from Browns.
8. Mary Portas and Clarks La Jane teal bar shoes, £79.99 from House of Fraser add an unexpected splash of colour while being incredibly comfortable.