Stella Artois has partnered with Shelina Permalloo, 2012 MasterChef winner, to create a range of recipes perfectly paired with the crisp and refreshing taste of Stella Artois Cidre. From spiced pork belly to poached pears, the recipes are easy to replicate at home and ideal for a sophisticated summer. Complement the recipes by serving a Stella Artois Cidre over plenty of ice, within the new curvaceous Cidre Chalice – designed to keep your Cidre cool and accentuate the sparkle of our Belgium recipe.
Here is Shelina’s Pork Belly, a refreshing twist on the Sunday roast, packed with spices for mouth-watering flavour.
1.3 kg pork belly
A splash of vegetable oil
1 tbsp. hot paprika
2 tbsp. ground cumin
2 star anise
6 garlic bulbs, crushed with skin on
2 shallots, slice in half with skin on
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
300ml Stella Artois Cidre
Serves: 4 Preparation & Cooking time: 3 hours plus
1. In a plastic freezer bag add all the ingredients except the salt and Cidre. Massage into the pork and leave to marinade overnight.
2. Pre – heat the oven to 150C. Remove meat from fridge and leave to reach room temperature before placing in the oven, pork fat side up in a deep roasting tray.
3. Add salt and black pepper on the top of the skin and then Cidre to the roasting tray. Cook for 2-2.5 hours until meat is tender.
4. Increase temperature to 200C and cook for a further 20 minutes until fat is crisp on the top.
5. Remove the pork belly from the oven and allow to rest before cutting and serving.
Shelina Permalloo has created a range of recipes perfectly paired with Stella Artois Cidre this summer, and features in the Stella Artois Connoisseurs Series – a collection of exclusive video portraits, each providing an intimate look into the world of renowned craftspeople. To see Shelina talk about her craft, visit here.