Need a quick recipe for cupcake this summer? Well Sticky Fingers blogger Tara Cain has come up with a tasty yet easy recipe incorporating yoghurt to ensure the cakes are light and fluffy.
400g can peach slices
60g butter, softened
115g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 pot Ski Sensations Peaches & Cream dessert
115g self-raising flour
For the icing
80g butter, softened
250g Icing sugar
1 tbsp Ski Sensations Peaches & Cream dessert
Splash of milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Then line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Drain the peaches – reserving the juice – and set 12 small slices to one side. Chop the rest of the peaches into small chunks.
3. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the eggs.
5. Fold in the flour (to keep all the air you beat in earlier!)
6. Fold in the Ski Sensations dessert until totally incorporated.
7. Finally fold in the chopped peaches and 1 tbsp of the reserved juice.
8. Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing the butter and icing sugar together until smooth. Stir in the Ski Sensations dessert and then if needed, add a splash of milk to get a consistency like whipped cream. If you can, use an electric whisk to beat until light and fluffy.
11. When the cakes are completely cool, add the icing – just by spreading on or using a piping bag – and top off with one of the reserved slices of peach.