If you are worried about all the chemicals and ingredients that go into beauty products these days then perhaps it is time to go back to basics and look at natural solutions to give your skin a boost. Belle About Town has searched for five alternative beauty solutions that rely on the goodness within mother nature to bring out the best in you.
1. Coconut oil is a great remedy for dry skin. It also naturally clears away dead skin cells and is known to even kill off some bacteria which would explain why it is often used to soothe bug bites and help with rashes. Try Suti Honour Coconut & Roses Face Cream, £48, to hydrate your skin. This smooth cream sinks in quickly to reveal nourished and healthy looking skin. It also smells beautiful which makes it a treat to use. Buy it at www.lovelula.com.
2. Carrots are renowned for their anti-ageing quality. This humble vegetable is full of antioxidants which boosts the body’s immune response to UV rays that helps prevent sun damage. Carrots also encourage skin cells rejuvenation which explains the trend in beauty companies using carrots in anti-aging creams. Try Burt’s Bee Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, £15.99. It’s non greasy and easily absorbed and leaves skin looking healthy and plumped. It is also ideal for anyone with sensitive skin or suffering from redness. Buy it from www.burtsbees.co.uk.
3. Sunflower oil is a great way to boost dull looking skin. Although is commonly used as a cooking oil, the calming and moisturising properties in sunflower oil make it a natural way of maintaining great skin. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants which are effective against acne, eczema, redness and general irritation of the skin. Try Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil, £19.57, which is jam packed with sunflower oil. This product is an ideal way to re-balance the skin as it also helps refine the appearance of pores. Buy it from www.thehealthbay.com.
4. Dead sea salt is a natural source in helping to improve blood circulation. The salt comes from the Dead Sea, which thousands of people flock to each year because it is renowned for its health-giving properties. It is believed to contain up to eight times more minerals than most sea water which helps improve skin and blood circulation. Experts suggest that regular use of Dead Sea bath salts can improve many conditions such as dry skin, eczema and muscular aches and pains. Try Ultimate Salt Scrub, £11.50, by Sanctuary. Rub this scrub, which is full of Dead Sea salts, all over your body in the shower and step out with beautifully polished and moisturised skin. Buy it from www.boots.com.
5. Clay is natural solution for acne prone skin. Infact pure clay has been the best kept skincare secret for generations as it is rich in minerals and has a mattifying effect – also making it perfect for oily skin. Clayspray has developed ‘intelligent clay’ to remove excess oil and sebum, without drying the skin. Try Red Clay Mineral Treatment Masque, £25. This combats blemishes by deep cleansing the face and drawing out impurities. Clinical tests showed 35 per cent reduction in sebum and 23 per cent fewer blemishes in two weeks. Buy it from www.feelunique.com.