We’ve all had those days where our hair isn’t looking it’s best but we don’t have time to wash it and blowdry it to its normal perfection. Well now Headmasters has come up with a knots masterclass to ensure that we have an up-do that will look fabulous all day. With inspiration taken straight from the catwalk, these knots will suit you mood or your occasion. The tousled ‘lazy girl’ knot sees tendrils of curls cascading messily from the semi up-do just like the models from the Proenza Schoeler catwalk show. The classic ‘sleek chic’ knot will look as good at the office as it does at an event such as a cocktail party or wedding. While the ‘new age’ top knot as seen on Jen Kao is great for younger sporty girls.
I am not so good at styling my own hair so went to the talented Aaron Carlo, Art Director at Headmasters, for a little help and he did a gorgeous ‘lazy girl’ on me in no time. That evening I got asked if I was Irish, a little strange I thought but I said ‘no’, he said ‘oh, ok it is just you look like one of the Corrs’. Even if it was a chat-up line, that was good enough for me!
All three styles are simple to do (with a bit of practice) and will have you standing out from the crowd. Here we show you how to create the ‘sleek chic’ but all three styles are up on the Headmasters website.
1. Blow-dry the hair smooth using a Mason Pearson away from the hairline keeping the brush close to the head. To keep this look bang on trend create a deep middle parting to one side and spritz with L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni art Air Fix for extra hold.
2. Sweep the hair back into a low ponytail at the nape leaving a section of hair above the ear free.
3. Tie the hair into a knot and pin upwards around the base.
4. Using L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil smooth the ends and tuck into the knot.
5. Loosely pin the free section from above ear into the bun to give the knot some added interest. Finally apply a light mist of L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni Art Crystal Gloss over the knot for added shine.
If like me you are all thumbs with sophisticated styles, you can have them done in a Headmasters salon in just 45 minutes for £45.