The change in seasons can be great for a woman’s wardrobe, but not so great for her skin! Suddenly faced with harsh winds outside and central heating inside, the complexion can take a beating and lack of sunlight leaves you looking, and feeling, like a washed-out version of that summer you. So we’ve rounded up the best beauty products on the market this Autumn to help revive dehydrated skin, brighten up dull complexions, and make life all-round just that little bit easier!
1) Nadeballa Rich Night Replenishing Cream – Perfect for assisting your skin in recovering from the elements as you sleep. Nadeballa Ltd was set up by Natalia DeWeck and her mother just one year ago, and is already a hit with those in-the-know. They sell three different face creams, all of which are 99% natural, and are made bespoke in fresh weekly batches. The original recipe for the Rich Replenishing Night Cream (£42, 50ml) was created by Natalia’s great-grandmother who 80 years ago, and the recipe has been passed down four generations of women. See www.nadeballa.com for more info and to order.
2) LDN: Skins self tan – A natural and subtle self-tan that means you can keep that summer glow without looking like a satsuma in a raincoat! This product is easy to apply and smells great (and weirdly watermelony!). There’s no ‘guide colour’ when you’re applying it, so it’s tricky knowing if you’ve covered all bases the first time, but it spreads evenly and even includes its own mitt, a nice touch not to have to buy it separately like the other leading fake tans. £26 for 200ml bottle from www.ldnskins.com. Other products include gradual tans, exfoliators and moisturisers.
3) Nivea in-shower moisturisers – It’s that time of year when your skin starts drying out the second you switch on the heating. This product is like a hair conditioner – but for your skin, and just the thing to add that extra bit of moisture during your daily routine, so you feel silky and smooth the second you step out of the shower. Simply apply, then rinse, after your normal in-shower wash. And new fragrances honey and cocoa leave you smelling good enough to eat – a nice bonus! A 250ml bottle is £3.56 from www.nivea.co.uk.
4) SeaScape Body Scrub – When your tan is falling of faster than you can say ‘what holiday?’ you need a treatment to invigorate the skin and get the glow back. This body scrub does the job perfectly, without leaving you feeling like you’ve swapped your sponge for a scourer! Using pure sea salt combined with 100% natural Jersey Eucalyptus oil, Lavender and beeswax, the scrub gently unclogs pores and removes dead skin cells, and as with all Seascape products – a little goes a long way! Priced at £16.00 for 175ml available from www.seascapeuk.com .
5) Flint + Flint Exfoliator x 2 – ‘Tis the season for flaky faces as tans fall off and the weather leaves us windbashed, so invest in a good exfoliater, such as this one from the team behind the Skin Health Spa. It’s a double action skin polishing exfoliator for all skin types, containing salicylic acid, Jojoba oil and micro scrub particles.Salicylic Acid is a used to purify the ski and Jojoba Oil is highly penetrative and enhances the skins natural suppleness and elasticity. The Microscrub particles plough away dead surface skin cells to reveal brighter looking skin. It’s easily worth splashing out the £30 for 75ml when you see the results. Available from Flintplusflint.com.
6) Orla Kiely Bergamot Hand Cream – It’s not cold enough for gloves (yet!) but hands still need protecting from the elements, and nourishing at the end of a hard day. Of all the hand creams new out this season, the Orla Kiely bergamot is our pick of the best. Shea butter and passion flower oil help moisturise and soften, while cucumber oil helps fight free radicals. Created using 100% essential oils, this natural earthy fragrance is fresh and invigorating, with top notes of bergamot, neroli and cedarwood. Free from parabens, sulphates, petrochemicals and artificial colourings. Hands feel soft and smooth after with no sticky residue. Available from John Lewis stores nationwide at £12.00 for 100ml.
7) Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Extreme Creme – As skin dries out it’s essential to have a quality product to nourish and rehydrate skin to keep it supple and glowing. This rich and unctuous pro-youth cream envelops skin with extreme richness, nutrition and softness. Enriched with tender mango butter, the Pro-Youth Extreme Crème nourishes and comforts the skins surface with intertwining fibers that have extreme isolating and soothing properties. Perfectly hydrated and protected from the cold, the skin stays supple with incredible softness. Buy from all good beauty counters or online from John Lewis at £42.50 for 50ml.
8) Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment – Luscious lips are a necessity throughout the year, and this tube should never be far from any self-respecting woman’s handbag. Apply just before going to bed and it will stay on until morning, leaving your lips feeling rehydrated and repairing any chapped areas. Reapply if needed during the day, but the 7ml tube ( £13 from www.clinique.co.uk) will go a long way, making it great value for money.
9) Orofluido hair mask – After all the sun-exposure of the summer it’s nice to give your hair a bit of TLC too. Enter the Orofluido hair mask which brilliantly moisturises and repairs damaged dry hair by saturating it with ultra-moisturising nutrients to bring out the hair’s inner beauty. Distribute evenly over damp hair and leave in for 3-5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. You’ll be left with shining locks that feels and smeels great.RRP £13.99 from www.orofludio.com.