I get how busy you are – every woman does. Lack of time is surely the curse of the modern woman. We all want to be the best employee, friend and partner we can be, somehow ourselves always becoming the lowest priority. We drive ourselves to distraction wishing there were an extra few hours in the day…
But I’m determined you won’t be last on your own list, so I’m here to let you know which are the greatest products for keeping you beautiful when time is precious.
The Upgrades – traditional products but faster
1. L’Oreal Excell 10 hair colour (around £8 from Boots): Due to many greys, the bore of dying my hair is a monthly chore, so when a box promised me permanent colour in just ten minutes (as apposed to my usual 30+) it sounded the dream I’d been waiting for. The product applies like a traditional home hair colour, but the development time is much quicker, and it works. It’s a couple of pounds more in price than a regular hair dye, but so worth it for the time saving factor.
2. Orly ‘In a Snap’ top coat (£5.60 from Amazon): If you desire colour for your nails, but end up using clear to save drying time, this will be your new favourite product. Use as a regular top coat over any colour and it will be touch dry in less than a minute. It’s my manicure must-have product.
The Multi-taskers – saving time by doing more than one thing
3. Murad Blemish Treatment Concealer (£17 from Amazon): This great little product not only gives great coverage over nasties, but contains a spot fighting ingredient too which really works, so you can cover and kill all in one. Available in Light and Medium – my recommendation is only those with very pale skin go for the Light shade. Apply under your regular foundation, or on its own, and your spot will disappear in no time.
4. Cor Silver Soap (starting £15 for 10g from Bliss): I know that in my thirties I ought to be using cleanser, but the whole cotton wool pad mess about just won’t allow me to break my teenage habit of washing my face with soap. This unique facial hero not only cleanses but tones and exfoliates, and replaces lost collagen too. It even moisturises and has a medium SPF protection – I’m not sure there’s anything more you could want one skin care product to do!
The Life-savers – for absolute emergencies
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo (£1.52 from Boots online): Slept in? Here’s how to revive your hair without washing it. I’m not recommending building in to your beauty routine, but this stuff really works. Just spray the super fine powder in to your hair and comb through the lengths. Okay, so it’s not going to fully cleanse your hair, but it will absorb grease at the roots and refresh your hair enough to get you through the day. A bargain beauty buy worth having on stand-by.
6. The bun ring (£5 from Amazon): This squidgy accessory will save your hair’s fashion credentials. Just place over your pony tail and pin your hair round it to cover. Gives a sophisticated yet sassy style in less than five minutes, what’s not to love?
[picture credits: WENN.com]